Electroair system is approved for use on a 1973 Cessna 182P, even with a Texas Skyways O-550 conversion by Texas Skyways

More
5 months 1 week ago #2239 by Kent Dellenbusch

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #2238 by STEVE ELLS
Hi Richard,
Thanks for the report. I installed an Electro Air system about three years ago and it's been fault free. I know that the Electro Air system has four big coils to supply hot sparks; and the system does.
I think you'll be very happy with an Electro Air System.

More
5 months 1 week ago #2235 by richard heinichen
Go Electroair. No go with a Sure fire. I made the big mistake of installing the Surefire. After installing and a few flights the mag missed a few beats. Scary. The mechanic and surefire talked and made some adjustments. Flew some more. Seemed okay to fly to Oshkosh 2019. On the way a few more cut outs. After getting there I went and met with the surefire folks and they insured me it was a stuck valve on my factory new IO540. (860 hours). One hour out of Oshkosh it stopped working altogether. Declared an emergency and landed. I had the old mag installed and two weeks later flew home never a miss. To this day surefire does not know what went wrong. They say they will tell me when they do. They did confirm failure on the bench. They sent me $6000.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #1949 by Kent Dellenbusch
To Steve Ellis: My mechanic has advised me that there is no electronic ignition that is approved for my 1973 Skylane 182 P with an O-550 Cont conversion by Texas Skyways. Do you have any approach for an electronic ignition that is approved for my engine?

Reply form Michael at Electroair:
"The Electroair system is approved for use on a 1973 Cessna 182P, even with a Texas Skyways O-550 conversion :) . If you look at the Approved Model List, the Continental 550 series is covered by our STC in the foot note section. There have been several of these installations completed with the result being very happy customers."

Thanks again...
Mike www.electroair.net/
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Owens

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds