Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cessna 172 Performance App

Cessna 172 Performance App 1 week 3 days ago #849

Very nice!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cessna 172 Performance App 1 week 5 days ago #847

I just released a new version of the app that adds support for the 172R. This means the app now supports the 172 M, N, P, R, and S.

Cessna 172 Performance App 5 months 2 weeks ago #693

• kent
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks Steve, sounds like a great APP.

Cessna 172 Performance App 5 months 2 weeks ago #690

I'm the author of "C172 Performance", a free aircraft performance calculator App for Cessna 172 (172S, 172P, 172N). The App is available for both iOS and Android mobile devices on the Apple App Store and Google Play. It is also available for desktop/laptop computers using any modern web browser at:

There is extensive Help and tips. Please see Help->Getting Started.

The App has some interesting features you should check out:
- Performance calculations for all phases of flight.
- RPM required for a percentage of max power.
- Takeoff and landing safety factors
- Instrument procedure climb rates and gradients including with a worst tailwind
- Approach speeds, missed approach climb rates and gradients, cold weather adjustments.
- Destination and alternate fuel planning.
- Glide distance with head or tail wind.
- Risk analysis with adjustments for flight rules and aircraft type.
- Interactive hold entry computer
- Save multiple trips and aircraft
- Works on smart phones, tablets. Also Macs and PCs using the browser version.
- Browser version is usable in-flight (ie. disconnected) once loaded.

The Cloud sync feature provides automated backup and restore for your Aircraft and Trips. It also allows you to plan on your desktop and automatically transfer the results to your mobile device when the app is started there.

I also support apps for the Beechcraft Bonanza (Bonanza Performance) and the Daher TBM (TBM Performance). A Baron version is in the works. The app is free and published-source (there is a use and distribution licensing agreement for my own liability protection). I know many of you will want older models and other options. For this I'll need help. This is my hobby not my job. The app is mostly written in Javascript and HTML5. Please let me know if you have the skill and inclination at . Another user helped add the 172P. You'll find links to the other apps as well as pointers to the source code at:

The TBM version also has a complete Emergency Procedures checklist that are integrated with most of the manufacturers published supplements so everything shows in one place. It includes an interactive circuit breaker panel hooked to the breaker items in the procedures so you can find the breaker quickly. I'm thinking of adding this to the 172 version at some point. My long term goal is to see what a POH might look like if invented this century.

Feedback is very welcome. Send to .
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds