Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fuel leaking

Fuel leaking 1 week 1 day ago #1489

Our club's 162 leaks fuel from both wings along the fuselage when topped up to more than about 1" below the bottom of the filler pipe. Old, dried, brittle, hoses have been replaced by an A&P, but evidently not all. (One leak was discovered in the cabin, in flight!) I'd like to get a diagram showing locations of ALL fuel hose connections so that I can be sure that ALL hoses have been replaced! Where can I get such a diagram?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fuel leaking 6 months 2 weeks ago #1187

Is the leak coming from the cap or that Phillips screw I saw this on a 177 over the weekend over David Wayne Hooks Airport.

Fuel leaking 6 months 3 weeks ago #1183

Avgas and sun rays. You will need to clean the stains with avgas several times (days) until they become pale. Then, exposure to the sun rays will clear the remaining dye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Brenberger

Fuel leaking 6 months 3 weeks ago #1181

Thanks for the reply, I replaced both fuel caps today and will try to fly it this weekend weather permitting, lol! Now I need to start on working on how to remove those fuel stains? I was able to completely remove the stains from the fuel cap in the second picture posted but the other one wont come out. Any suggestions?

Fuel leaking 7 months 8 hours ago #1164

Be sure the lip of the filling neck is smooth, free of corrosion and install NEW caps. Yours are in bad shape. Both are leaking. At least in one of them the rubber valve of the vent is not working. No fuel should ever go out by the vent.

Attachment fuelcapvent.jpg not found

Attachment fuelcap.jpg not found

Last Edit: 7 months 8 hours ago by Jose Lopezdelpuerto.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FELIX TORRES

Fuel leaking 7 months 1 day ago #1163

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the correct forum to post these pictures. Currently I have fuel leaking from the fuel cap.
It only happens when I go flying, I had the fuel cap seals replaced and it helped a little but it continues to happen.
It starting to bother me every time I see these.

Attachment thumbnail_IMG_2280.jpgfuelcap2(2).jpg not found

Attachment thumbnail_IMG_2281.jpgfuelcap(2)-2.jpg not found

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds