Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Purchase - 2 good options

Purchase - 2 good options 2 days 10 hours ago #1704

• Jen D
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Here's a link to an article Cessna FLYER's Steve Ells wrote about the 210:
www.cessnaflyer.org/cessna-singles/cessn...-of-the-singles.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Purchase - 2 good options 3 days 8 hours ago #1699

• DOUGLAS VINCENT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I do not know the particulars;ar difference in th D & E models. Cessna Pilot Association does have good information about the various models.

The key is to obtain the best thorough pre purchase inspection you can find. That way you know exactly what you are getting for your money.

Remember you are purchasing a very old airplane eve if you purchase a newer 210.

While th nice paint and interior are satisfying do not be fooled. Remember you can put lipstick on a pig and will still have pig.

My personal feeling is that the airframe and physical systems are the most important. One can always install a new power plant and add other goodies. If the airframe is bad all is bad. If the airframe is good the the other items can be updated, with money.

If the aircraft does not have struts make sure the current problem oowit cross over is inspected.

Hope the few pointers helps. Enjoy the airplane whichever you buy.

Purchase - 2 good options 5 days 15 hours ago #1693

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
Hi Tim;
There's a rule of thumb that works for buyers. That rule is buy the best airplane and best equipped airplane you can get on your budget. ADS-B installations can be pretty inexpensive these days (depending on whether you get the 1090 ES or the 978 UAT) so that should not be the deciding factor.
What avionics are in the 1965? How does the 1965 avionics compare to the 1964?
You can get the FAA records for both airplanes on CD from the FAA or by email from one of the companies in Oklahoma City that provides title search services. These records will tell you if an airplane has suffered major airframe damage, where it has been based (dry country is much better that gulf coast for example) and other data that might affect your decision.
It's difficult for Cessna Flyer to recommend a competent maintenance shop at airports around the country, but if you'll tell me where the 1965 is based I'll try to find a reputable shop near it.
Let me know how I can help.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kent Dellenbusch

Purchase - 2 good options 1 week 2 days ago #1684

Both are good aircraft which may require a hefty ongoing maintenance budget.

What's your mission?

Purchase - 2 good options 1 week 2 days ago #1683

Ok....I have been working on a deal to purchase a 1965 210E 3500 TT 200 SMOH, near perfect paint and interior, near original panel (no ads-b). Beautiful plane and I really like it but its half way across the country so I have not personally seen it but my cousin has and confirms it is very nice. A 1964 210D just came back on the market locally that has 5500 TT and 1150 SMOH nice interior average paint updated panel (Garmin 430 non-WAAS, KX-155, Garmin 330ES ads-b. The 1964 I expect I could purchase for $10,000 less than the 1965 plus IDK $5-7,000 to install ads-b on the 1965.............

I keep going back and forth so any opinions............
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds