Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1958A 182 Mounts for Ipad Fore flight

1958A 182 Mounts for Ipad Fore flight 1 week 1 day ago #1888

• Wil Dean
  • Subscriber
If you are upgrading your panel, it may be a good time to install the Guardian ipad panel mount on the co-pilot side.
See link here www.guardianavionics.com/ipad-iphone-panel-mounts
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Wil Dean.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

1958A 182 Mounts for Ipad Fore flight 1 week 1 day ago #1885

• David Willis
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 2
I have been using a RAM mount purchased through Sporty's for my Ipad in my 72 182P. I often fly solo so I mount it on the co-pilot yoke and this has worked pretty well. I prefer the larger Ipads as opposed to the mini (9.7 or 10.5). I am doing a panel upgrade next month and wonder if there are panel mounts I could install which would make the Ipad less objectionable to an actual co-pilot. It is really "in the face" of the co-pilot mounted on the yoke. Since Apple regularly reconfigures the Ipad according to their marketing whim the mount has to be flexible for new iterations. Any thoughts?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KENNETH ROSTRON

1958A 182 Mounts for Ipad Fore flight 2 months 5 days ago #1778

• Kent Kalb
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
I use MyGoFLight mounts, Sporty’s carries them. Have a yoke mount, I use on co-pilot;s side yoke.

1958A 182 Mounts for Ipad Fore flight 2 months 5 days ago #1777

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50
I have used both an iPad mini and a regular sized iPad linked to the Seattle Avionics Fly Q electronic flight bag (efb) and both worked fine. I generally just let the iPad rest on my right leg; then I can pick it up, put up my bifocals and take in the small print. I know I can "spread" and enlarge anything on an iPad screen but this works easiest for me. Sportys has an inexpensive one if you'd like to try it. www.sportys.com/pilotshop/ipad-air-rotat...E_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds.
I am a day VFR pilot and as a rule never have anywhere I have to be in my airplane so most often fly in benign conditions. I've never had either iPad tossed off my lap by turbulence.
I have had both iPads shut down due to being in direct sunlight. I can get them back by moving them out of direct sunlight and holding them under a fresh air vent for a few minutes. That's the only drawback to my "method."
I do know of a Mooney driver (small cabin) who uses a "Mediasonic" holder. It's two suction cups on industrial strength plastic with ball joints at each cup. I bought one and can tell you that the suction cups really grip but I have not used it in my airplane yet.
When I look up Mediasonic to get a link, I can't find the one I have.
There are many suction mounts available. The ones from RAM are high quality, but are expensive compared to some that look to be similar, but as is often said, you get what you pay for.

1958A 182 Mounts for Ipad Fore flight 2 months 6 days ago #1776

I have a 182A and I would like suggestions on both which I pad and how to mount it in the panel or suction mounts. Doesn't seem to be much room
for any of the Guardian mounts.
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds