Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: replacing headliner in my '64 182G

replacing headliner in my '64 182G 42 minutes ago #1322

• STEVE ELLS
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 35
If you're going to do it yourself, then look at the Airtex interiors website for parts. AirTex has been in business for decades and sells good products. I believe you'll also be able to find videos both on the AirTex website and on YouTube.
Make sure you take down all the insulation once you get the existing headliner down. It's pretty common to see corrosion on the inner surface of the upper fuselage skin.
Also make sure that the fresh air tubes that carry fresh air to the back seat vents have not corroded any of the aluminum ribs--the original flexible tubing often failed, which resulted in the steel reinforcing wires contacting the aluminum parts. Add moisture to aluminum in contact with steel and you get corrosion.
I would recommend replacing the original black fabric covered tubing with orange colored neoprene based fabric to eliminate the potential for corrosion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

replacing headliner in my '64 182G 6 days 45 minutes ago #1312

• Kent Dellenbusch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Reach out to Dennis Wolter. Here is Dennis's and Cynthia's email.
www.airmod.com/

I'm confident Dennis and Cynthia will have a good solution for you.
Here is an article by Dennis. cessnaflyer.org/maintenance-tech/item/78...-considerations.html

Have fun.
Kent

replacing headliner in my '64 182G 6 days 21 hours ago #1310

Looking for input/advise on replacing my head liner. Who should I consider when making purchase and what ever advise I can get on doing the work myself.
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds