Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Winterization kit

Winterization kit 3 weeks 2 days ago #1134

Steve, Thanks for the EBay find.The price from Cessna/YingLing is near 3000.00.Each plastics flow restrictor was around 1000.00 and we didn’t even get to the rest of the parts to install the kit.For 85.00 I can’t go wrong.The parts guy at Cessna gave me the part numbers of the main pieces and the EBay parts matched up so I should be ready for some cold weather flying. Thanks again Ralph Benjamin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Winterization kit 4 weeks 1 day ago #1126

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Sorry, I didn't realize that in order to copy ebay addresses to paste in other docs, there has to be some kind of ebay ID.
There are a set of left and right winter fronts advertised on ebay right now for $85 plus shipping. Type Cessna Winter Front into the ebay search bar.

Winterization kit 4 weeks 1 day ago #1125

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationHi, I punched winterization kit into my search engine and came up with the following:
As you can see from the photos, the left and right plates block off around half of the cylinder cooling air coming in the front of the cowling.
But, if you look closely, the decal on one of the plates says that the plates should be removed when outside air temps are greater than 20 deg F.
This tells me that until the OATs drop below 20 deg. F, no winterization is required.
The POH suggested that when flying in cold weather that the engine should be run at higher power settings, for what that's worth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jen D

Winterization kit 4 weeks 1 day ago #1124

Jimmy, Thanks for getting back to me. I live and fly in Wisconsin which gets below zero. I am looking for the kit that will bolt on to my 182S. I know that they are available and don’t want to make my own for fear of blocking too much or too little air.

Winterization kit 4 weeks 1 day ago #1123

What temps will be flying in? I just bought a C182E from state of Vermont that gad a set on it. It states on the kit “not to be used in temps over 20 degrees Fahrenheit. It was 32 degrees last Wednesday but I decided to put them on. I found my CHT temps jumped up a bit but oil temps did not change much. I have no experience with them so removed them until it gets colder. If it would help I could make a drawing of what I have. I do not know if this is a STC item. It does not look hard to make. Let me know if I can help.

Winterization kit 1 month 1 day ago #1119

I could use some help locating the winterization kit for my 1999 Cessna 182S.This is the kit with covers that partially cover the air cooling inlets in the cowling and insulation for the crank case breather tube. I just purchased the plane which was from Florida and didn’t need the cold weather protection.Ralph Benjamin
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds