Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Avcon 180 C/S prop Conv with 10599R oil cooler

Avcon 180 C/S prop Conv with 10599R oil cooler 4 months 2 days ago #914

• STEVE ELLS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Sorry it took time to reply. I doubt you're going to get a reply from Avcon. Bob and Barb Williams weren't replying to request for help years ago; I doubt that things have improved.
I don't have any reference to how your cooler is mounted, but if it's firewall mounted, you may be able to use a Cessna part to direct cooling air over the cooler.
When Cessna started putting Lycoming engines in its 172s (1968) it mounted the coolers on the firewall. Cooling air was picked off the aft cooling baffle on the copilot's side and ducted through SCAT tubing to part number 1756001-1, duct assembly.
There must be about a zillion of serviceable duct assemblies like this in salvage yards around the country. Texas Air Salvage has one for $595. There's also one on eBay for $410 from Beegles in Colorado.
Let me know what you work out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Avcon 180 C/S prop Conv with 10599R oil cooler 4 months 3 weeks ago #891

Urgently seeking some assistance. I have a 1974 172M with an Avcon 180 conversion done in 1983. Just had the engine overhauled and the IA is putting it back together asked where the oil cooler duct is. The oil cooler is mounted to the fire wall and is a stewart warner 10599R oil cooler. We have looked all over the place trying to find a part number to no luck. Any other owners with the Avcon 180 and same oil cooler have a part number?
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds