Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dynon D10A

Dynon D10A 1 month 2 weeks ago #1092

I have added G5s to my plane (meowmeow.info/n513wf/cockpit), and everyone who uses the plane loves it (it's used in a flight school).
Dynon generally offers more bang for the buck than Garmin in my opinion, but if you're planning on upgrading radios/gps with Garmin equipment then I would definitely go with G5 for optimal interaction of the components by having them all from the same manufacturer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dynon D10A 1 month 2 weeks ago #1091

I decided to go with the G5, in fact, probably 2. I bought a used 430W just back from Garmin for a waas upgrade. Since I used to do installs 30 years + ago I ripped out the whole Cessna package. I was flashing back when removing the one-size-fits-all Cessna wiring with the miles of extra wire all coiled up. It always cracked me up that Cessna would use miles of wire and the audio amps in each radio rather than a simple audio panel. I bought a used KMA 24 for that chore and will keep the former #1 nav com as #2, keeping its remote G/S receiver. The 430W will be driving a second G5 configured as an HSI. I'll probably have to keep my DG to drive the 300A autopilot unless I find a way to make the GAD29 drive it.I only use it to hold a heading but it would be nice to eliminate the whole vacuum system.

Probably going to do ADS B while I'm at it. haven't decided which yet but am leaning towards the ESG.

Dynon D10A 1 month 2 weeks ago #1090

• Jesse Saint
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
I have not checked it that specifically, but in my 100’s of hours flying them, comparing to winds aloft numbers and more basic testing, it is quite accurate if you have a good compass calibration.

Dynon D10A 1 month 2 weeks ago #1089

Have you actually flown a fixed three legged triangle while writing down the wind direction and wind speed for each leg and then flown the triangle in reverse and again written down wind direction and speed. If you received reasonable numbers, not perfect, please advise what you are doing to get reasonable numbers for those of us that are interested THANKS

Nothing in this post should in any way be taken as professional.

Dynon D10A 1 month 2 weeks ago #1088

• Jesse Saint
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
I’ve installed many D10A’s and D100’s. The D10A is much more feature-rich than the G5, having OAT for density altitude, true Airspeed and wind direction and speed, none of which the G5 does. It’s screen is also a little bit bigger. Those are the Pros. The Cons, compared to the G5 is the size behind the panel, which makes installation more difficult, and the screen that is not as bright or as sharp as the G5.

I have a D10A and a G5 HSI in my 1956 182 and love the combination. True Airspeed is something that we really only guessed at in most airplanes until now.

Dynon D10A 2 months 5 days ago #1027

I've been looking at both the Garmin and Dynon. I'm leaning towards the Garmin but need to develop a plan for the plane. It has the original Cessna nav-pack radios that I hated 40 years ago when I owned an avionics shop. I've been flying for a living for the past 35 and miss having all the shop supplies and tools I left behind when I sold the shop.

I need to do some more research.

Anyone have Garmin G5 experience?

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds