Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Who's doing what for ADS-B Out?

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 2 months 2 weeks ago #892

• Jeff S
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
I own a 1978 CessnaT210 M I have a Garmin 330 Transponder and had it upgraded to an ES ( extended squidder) from Garmin $1300. That took care of the ADS-B out. I also bought a Stradux unit for ADS-B in. The cost $239. The Stradux does everything the Stratus 2 does. The Stradux has wifi builtin and transmits to my iPad with Forelight. I am happy with the Stradux and the savings.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 3 months 1 week ago #875

I went with the Freeflight Systems RANGR 978 XVR, It was an all-in one ADS-B In and Out solution. It uses a WiFi transceiver to link to iPad and / or iFly GPS. The WiFi linkage allows multiple devices to be connected. I use ForeFlight, and love it, but sometimes the iPad is just not sunlight readable, so I went with the iFly GPS. This system can also be wired to Garmin 430W/530W GPS if desired. I did have an older King Transponder that needed to have a digital encoder installed (actually not too expensive, believe it or not), as the Freeflight "sniffs" the transponder code signal so whatever it is broadcasting the Freeflight can match. It was a cost-effective solution at the time (2015) .

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 3 months 1 week ago #870

• Jen D
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
My mother always said "Virtue is its own reward." - of course that always made me groan.
:)

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 3 months 1 week ago #869

Neither did I...I was one of the first to upgrade my Garmin 330 to extended squitter and install a new Garmin 430S for my "In" solution. I am also glad that I installed at the time but the only reward was an added element of safety.

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 3 months 1 week ago #868

I had the Garmin GDL-84 and Flightstream 210 installed in 2016. I'd already upgraded to the Garmin 330 transponder, so nothing else was needed there. The system works flawlessly, and I'm very glad I installed early to enjoy the benefits. Unfortunately, the government does not reward proactivists, hence, I didn't get the rebate.

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 3 months 2 weeks ago #861

I was an early adopter of ADS-B for my 172. My Garmin 420S and Garmin 330S are tethered together to be the ADs-B out. The "IN" portion is with a Stratus and iPad mini 4 yoke mounted. In southern California class B it has been invaluable for not only situational awareness of surrounding traffic but also for flight planning around high terrain.
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds