Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Who's doing what for ADS-B Out?

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 3 weeks 3 days ago #996

• DOUGLAS VINCENT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I replaced a 1981, old tired King transponder with a Garmin 345 (I think) which gives me in and out. Connest to my 530 & 430 plus blue tooth to Ipad.
Pleased so far as the change was necessary. Would have been happy with an old transpondere if it did not get tired. Transponders do mnot turn me on.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 4 months 3 weeks ago #892

• Jeff Strouse
  • Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 1
I own a 1978 CessnaT210 M I have a Garmin 330 Transponder and had it upgraded to an ES ( extended squidder) from Garmin $1300. That took care of the ADS-B out. I also bought a Stradux unit for ADS-B in. The cost $239. The Stradux does everything the Stratus 2 does. The Stradux has wifi builtin and transmits to my iPad with Forelight. I am happy with the Stradux and the savings.

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 5 months 1 week ago #875

I went with the Freeflight Systems RANGR 978 XVR, It was an all-in one ADS-B In and Out solution. It uses a WiFi transceiver to link to iPad and / or iFly GPS. The WiFi linkage allows multiple devices to be connected. I use ForeFlight, and love it, but sometimes the iPad is just not sunlight readable, so I went with the iFly GPS. This system can also be wired to Garmin 430W/530W GPS if desired. I did have an older King Transponder that needed to have a digital encoder installed (actually not too expensive, believe it or not), as the Freeflight "sniffs" the transponder code signal so whatever it is broadcasting the Freeflight can match. It was a cost-effective solution at the time (2015) .

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 5 months 2 weeks ago #870

• Jen D
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
My mother always said "Virtue is its own reward." - of course that always made me groan.
:)

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 5 months 2 weeks ago #869

Neither did I...I was one of the first to upgrade my Garmin 330 to extended squitter and install a new Garmin 430S for my "In" solution. I am also glad that I installed at the time but the only reward was an added element of safety.

Who's doing what for ADS-B Out? 5 months 2 weeks ago #868

I had the Garmin GDL-84 and Flightstream 210 installed in 2016. I'd already upgraded to the Garmin 330 transponder, so nothing else was needed there. The system works flawlessly, and I'm very glad I installed early to enjoy the benefits. Unfortunately, the government does not reward proactivists, hence, I didn't get the rebate.
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds