• AC Spruce 688x190Banner
  • CessnaPiperFlyer
  • CessnaFlyer-Catalog
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: anywheremap EFB

anywheremap EFB 10 months 5 days ago #73

In 2010 I purchased an Anywheremap EFB from Control Vision in Pittsburg, KS. Their sales staff and support staff were very helpful getting me started as I am a low-tech guy. It has performed well and as advertised until this summer. Now I can't talk to a technician on the phone nor even the sales staff. My Emails go mostly unanswered, except suggesting that I send it in for service. Their online Q&A doesn't address my problem. I sent my unit to them last week for them to evaluate and repair if possible. Their complete change in service quality has me concerned.

Does anyone else have any experience with them?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

anywheremap EFB 10 months 4 days ago #74

• Jen D
  • Administrator
I don't have personal experience, but a quick web search turned up a couple of bad reviews with regard to their service. I'll see if we can contact a rep from the company.

Jen

anywheremap EFB 7 months 2 weeks ago #93

I have their old PDA system on a HP IpaQ 4700, so that dates it a bit. I bought it for the weather, not for navigation.

I also used to use Aircharts for my low enroute and WAC charts for the entire country. But, they have ceased to exist, so I had to do some looking for what to use to take their place. I then took a look at Control Vision's new AnyWhere Freedom for Android.

I am not one to go and spend a lot of money on toys. I will buy when I can find a refurb for a much better price. Had been looking at a Galaxy Tab 10 inch when I got a flyer on an ASUS trnsformer prime for about $90 less. So.. I went that way and received the Freedom application for Christmas.

Now, with the foundation laid, I will share what I have learned in the last week to ten days.

The lack luster economy, overall not just in aviation, has taken a toll at Control Vision. They are trying to restructure to make it through and I certainly hope that they do. They could own the Android market if they could get some more features added to the software. If you are a registered user, you can go to their forums and sign up for that and find more info there.

I am not to pessimistic about their ability to make it through, as I am seriously considering paying for their lifetime subscription to data.

They also had some issues with their telephone system, I think about the time frame you were trying to contact them. So, that may be why you didn't hear from them.

I hope you have gotten the issue taken care of and have a great New Year.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds