• CessnaPiperFlyer
  • CessnaFlyer-Catalog
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Garmin GNC 300 XL vs. other panel mounted GPS

Garmin GNC 300 XL vs. other panel mounted GPS 11 months 2 weeks ago #71

Hello members...
I fly an Cessna Cardinal C-177A (1969) with a very basic panel, and would like to upgrade. I have a Bendix King KX 155 nav with glideslope, and a panel mounted Garmin GNS-250XL GPS (not IFR certified) without a nav head, and it is used for basic "Direct To" functions. I am considering removing the Garmin and replacing it with a Garmin GNS-300XL and adding a Garmin or Bendix King nav head in the panel. This would give me a true IFR panel for "light IFR", with the new Garmin feeding information to the new nav head.
I am trying to keep the cost below $6000, thus the choice of the older Garmin GNS-300XL. Do you members have any thoughts on this installation or other alternatives that I should be considering?
Thanks...
Craig Christilaw
N30462 1969 Cessna Cardinal
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Garmin GNC 300 XL vs. other panel mounted GPS 11 months 20 hours ago #75

I have a 300 in my 182 and have no complaints about it. The only thought I would mention, is the looming forced upgrade on all of the fleet. You might be better served by going to a newer unit that would work with the new upcoming requirements. Just my thoughts and worth exactly what you paid for it. NADA.

But, I would check about doing something that would fit in. The forced upgrade is not that far off.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds