• ac building
  • ac winter catalog
  • one stop shop
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Garmin GNC 300 XL vs. other panel mounted GPS

Garmin GNC 300 XL vs. other panel mounted GPS 1 year 1 month ago #71

Hello members...
I fly an Cessna Cardinal C-177A (1969) with a very basic panel, and would like to upgrade. I have a Bendix King KX 155 nav with glideslope, and a panel mounted Garmin GNS-250XL GPS (not IFR certified) without a nav head, and it is used for basic "Direct To" functions. I am considering removing the Garmin and replacing it with a Garmin GNS-300XL and adding a Garmin or Bendix King nav head in the panel. This would give me a true IFR panel for "light IFR", with the new Garmin feeding information to the new nav head.
I am trying to keep the cost below $6000, thus the choice of the older Garmin GNS-300XL. Do you members have any thoughts on this installation or other alternatives that I should be considering?
Thanks...
Craig Christilaw
N30462 1969 Cessna Cardinal
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Garmin GNC 300 XL vs. other panel mounted GPS 1 year 3 weeks ago #75

I have a 300 in my 182 and have no complaints about it. The only thought I would mention, is the looming forced upgrade on all of the fleet. You might be better served by going to a newer unit that would work with the new upcoming requirements. Just my thoughts and worth exactly what you paid for it. NADA.

But, I would check about doing something that would fit in. The forced upgrade is not that far off.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds