• AC Spruce 688x190Banner
  • CessnaPiperFlyer
  • CessnaFlyer-Catalog
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: oxigen leakage

oxigen leakage 10 months 5 days ago #32

My high pressure line of the oxigen in the 210 is leaking.The aircraft has 4 bottles on the roof joined together with a lot of joints and pipes.
I am looking for a sistem to find the leakage.I used the "Snoop" liquid without any results.
any suggestion is appreciated

thanks
paolo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

oxigen leakage 9 months 2 days ago #38

Paolo

I have a kit that I use for leaks around doors, widows etc. It is also good at finding compressor leaks, so should work on your O2 system.

It is used by auto shops to help find door and window leaks. If you would like I can get the information from it in a day or so when I go to the hangar. You may be able to find one at some type of auto supply .

It has some simple head set that you can here a hiss. I have bad hearing and can hear it transmit. for windows you put a transmitter inside and move the receiver around.

Doug

oxigen leakage 8 months 2 weeks ago #50

Thanks Doug, it will be interesting to know.please let me have the details.
sorry not having answered before.I was in holyday in the red see in egipt

paolo

oxigen leakage 8 months 1 week ago #53

Paolo

Sorry for not answering sooner, but have been away and unable to obtain information.

The kit I have for leaks:
AccuTrak Model VPE made by
Superior Signal Company
PO box 96
Spotswood, New Hersey 08884
972 252-0800 (phone)

I bought it primarily to find window and door leaks on my 210. I have used it on an air compressor to find leaks so may well work with Oxygen.

It is designed for all type of leaks. You can put a sender unit in your plane or car and listen with the detector on the outside. It can also check pressure leaks.

Unfortunately I do not remember how much I paid or where I purchased it. As you are from Italy if you need help tracking one down let me know.

I noticed on another forum you had various replies. Did any of those help you find the leak?

Regards

Doug

oxigen leakage 8 months 1 week ago #54

thanks , Doug.
I believe it is just what I need.
I e-mailed the manufacturer and waiting for answer.
I spread my question all over the forums that I know,but all the people there uses the "snoop" which is a professional type of water and soap.
Unfortunately my C210 has the o2 system in the roof with 4 bottles and it is very difficult to reach and look at the bubbles of the snoop.
thanks again

paolo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds